Sunday, August 19, 2012

P52 | DIRTY

P52 | Dirty


Fungus is such an ugly word. Dirty, almost.  But I have to admit, I am one fungus-loving woman, and this week I couldn't resist the urge to get down and dirty for some lovely mushroom shots.  I even busted the seam of my jeans on the backside and threw caution to the wind as I crawled on the ground near a busy street with my bottom up and my underwear exposed.

And oh- The constable even stopped to ask what I was doing (I suppose the 2 cameras around me weren't the dead giveaway you would think), and tell me that some folks boil mushrooms and make dope with them.

Interesting.

But mister, these aren't that kind, and I'm not looking for any trouble.

I just want to photograph them.

I love the little dirt dustings on their tops; an evidence of their recent birth.






I love mushrooms. They invoke daydreams of faeries and mystical creatures of my childhood imagination.  I'll get dirty for that, anyday.

Now, head on over to Erin Norman Photography to get a look at her take on "Dirty", and follow the chain of artists expressing their vision through p52 inspiration.

6 comments:

  1. Those are very pretty dirty things! Lovely detail and processing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful images for this week…love the magic your processing conveys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol, it sounds like you had a fun outing! love the details in your images.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow these are super cool shots. Love the ones of them side by side.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These shots are beautiful and your post had me cracking up!

    ReplyDelete